We would like to say a big thanks to all who have donated to Team Breast Friend’s and the fight against breast cancer.
- Thank you to the Difference Makers, Liberty High School, for PINK t-shirt sales totaling $1,730 in October for the football game.
- We would like to thank the West High School students for raising $1,200 during their October PINK fundraiser.
- Breast cancer doesn’t affect just women; it affects everybody. That is why members of the Linn County Sheriff’s Department chose to stand up against this disease in the month of November with several in the department participating in the No-Shave November fundraiser – proving that generosity is something that can grow easily. Thanks to the department!
- Gail Maher and Stef Swails accepted the check in the amount of $500.00 at the Award Celebration on 11/16/22 at the Coralville Center for Performing Arts. This grant money will be used to cover marketing expenses for the 4/30/23 DRIVE AWAY BREAST CANCER Golf Outing in order to grow participation and raise more dollars for breast cancer patients in the Corridor.
- Thank you Farrell’s Extreme Bodyshaping Iowa City for hosting your PINK OUT day on Friday, October 21. Their members raised $319.00 to help breast cancer patients in our community!
- Sunday, 10/30/22, 35 moving and shaking bodies took part in the ZUMBA fundraiser for breast cancer patients at North Dodge Athletic Club. Zumba is a form of fitness class in which you burn off calories by dancing to different kinds of lively tunes, often Latin-American inspired such as salsa, merengue and samba. The dance themes created a dynamic, exciting, effective fundraising event raising $340. THANKS!
- Suzanne Barloon, Usborne Books Consultant, did an outstanding job with Cards for a Cause fundraiser. She helped Team Breast Friends raise $182 with the online sale. Together with her help we are making a difference in the lives of those impacted by breast cancer.
- Thank you to the Monday morning pickleball PINK day at GreenState Fieldhouse. They raised $570 as they dressed in PINK and “dinked in the kitchen”.
- Thanks to our friends at Versa Fitness who showed up Saturday morning for a PINK workout mixed with a FEW burpees! Great time and great job of fundraising for the breast cancer patients in the community – $780.
- Thank you to Coach W and Liberty High School students for putting together such a fun Dodgeball event on October 13th! Through their efforts, $111 was raised for breast cancer patients in the community. Teachers like Coach W are making a difference in the lives of the students as they participated in community service and didn’t realize it as they were having so much fun.
- We would like to thank Jamie Baxter, a BeautyCounter consultant, for her donation from a fundraiser she hosted through her Beauty Counter business! Jamie graciously donated her commissions of $338.00 to Team Breast Friends.
- The Mid-Prairie Volleyball Team hosted a PINK NIGHT in October 2021 and they raised $1,380.00. Their goal was to help breast cancer patients in the area so together with Team Breast Friends they are making a difference in the lives affected by this disease. The funds will be used for additional screening and treatment for those patients that do not have health insurance. This team went above and beyond in one night with the support of the Mid-Prairie community. GREAT JOB, ladies!
- We would like to show our appreciation for the volleyball teams at Liberty High School in North Liberty, Iowa for raising $3,917.23 at their PINK DIG Volleyball Night! These funds will be used to aid breast cancer patients with the unexpected financial stresses of battling breast cancer. We are forever thankful for our wonderful partnership with this awesome group of coaches and student-athletes who continue to go above and beyond in fundraising!
- TBF would like to give a shout-out to VIBE Boxing Fitness owners IB Funmilayo, Tierney Wombacher, their team, and clients for raising $250 in 1 week of classes! This amount was raised in support of the PINK month this past October!
- Our team at TBF would like to thank KB & Co, LLC, a boutique in Dubuque, Iowa, for donating $100 during the PINK fundraiser for breast cancer patients this past fall!
- Thanks to all the golfers who joined us on April 25, 2021 for this fundraiser. The weather challenged the golfers this year but they all persevered and made the most of the day and helped us raise $25,802.00
- Saturday, May 15, 2021, brought shoppers to Building C at the Johnson County Fairgrounds in Iowa City. Many shoppers purchased merchandise from vendors and plants that were donated were sold to raise $7,479.12. These funds are used to assist breast cancer patients in the Corridor who have unforeseen expenses due to their diagnosis.
- Brown Deer Women’s Tuesday Night Golf League never fails to tee it up for breast cancer patients in June. Rain postponed the event by one week but the ladies came back strong on June 29, 2021, to tee it up for breast cancer patients and raised over $2,500. THANK YOU, golfers!
- Thank you to the patrons and staff of The Vue for an outstanding PINK night of breast cancer fundraising on September 14, 2021.
- Thank you to the patrons and staff of Blackstone for partnering with TBF for a breast cancer fundraiser in breast cancer awareness month – October 21, 2021.
- THANKS to all the participants of the 5k Rack Runner who helped make the breast cancer fundraiser on Sunday, Oct 3rd, a very successful event!! Below you can find the chip timing results.
5K Rack Run Results
- U of I Homecoming Parade on Friday, October 15, 2021, was a huge success due to all our volunteers and PINK HEALS of Eastern Iowa.
- Members Molly Brown Miller, Melody Marousis Strub and Gail Brant Maher were honored to accept a grant awarded from Community Foundation of Johnson County today. The grant will specifically aid our community partners in providing breast imaging and diagnostic testing services to uninsured or underinsured patients. #breastcancerawareness #screeningsaveslives #mammogramsmatter October came to an end but Team Breast Friends will not slow down in spreading awareness!
- On October 8th and 15th, Riverside Casino and Golf Resort hosted Dive Golf Days at Blue Top Ridge Golf Course. Through this event, they raised $573.00 towards breast cancer awareness. Thank you to all the staff, golfers and supporters who made Diva Golf Days such a success!
- During the month of October, Erin Floy raised an amazing $6,330 through her 100-mile walk challenge on Facebook. She braved some of the rainiest and coldest days to keep on track and accomplished 101.7 miles! Erin was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2019 and recently completed her treatments. A huge THANK YOU to this wonderful SURVIVOR, warrior and winner!
- We would like to give a huge thanks to Molly Brown-Miller who donated $342.03 to TBF through United Way of Johnson & Washington Counties.
- Team Breast Friends would like to thank Jamie Baxter, a BeautyCounter consultant, for her donation of $412.00! Jamie hosted an online fundraiser in October for Breast Cancer Awareness month and she graciously donated her commissions to TBF.
- We would like to give a warm thanks for the Pink Night Fundraiser hosted by the Brown Deer Women’s Golf League that took place on Tuesday, July 28th. TBF members helped at registration and judging of the cart decorations before the shotgun start to an evening of PINK and fun on the course! The money raised that night will help breast cancer patients in the Corridor with unforeseen expenses during their treatment journey.
- Team Breast Friends was the recipient of a donation from Pampered Chef for an online show, Mackie McCord, a sales rep for Pampered Chef, put together earlier this spring. Molly Brown, Maria Fobian and Patty Frantz are shown in this photo receiving the check and thanking Pampered Chef and Mackie McCord for their support. Thanks to those who ordered through the online show which generated a corporate donation of $756.00 for breast cancer patients in the Corridor.
- Thank you to the 100+ Women Who Care: Hawkeye Chapter for making us your Q1 recipient! We greatly appreciate everyone’s support in raising awareness and providing aid to individuals fighting breast cancer in the Corridor.
- We want to give a big thank you to the Jim Berry Family for their generous donation and support for Team Breast Friends. Jim was an exceptional community man and a big supporter of Team Breast Friends. He was truly loved by all members of TBF and those he came in contact with during his wonderful life here on earth!
- Team Breast Friends was awarded a grant in the amount of $4,600 from ACT to assist those in the Corridor fighting breast cancer. Thank you ACT for your generosity and support of our mission!
- Team Breast Friends is so grateful for the Liberty High School Volleyball team’s fundraising work. The team hosted PINK night in October and raised $2,600.00 for breast cancer patients needing mammograms and other diagnostic testing when underinsured or have no insurance. The coaching staff and team players are amazing! Thanks for including Team Breast Friends in the night of fundraising.
- During the month of October, office staff and doctors at Bella Vita Chiropractic and Wellness Center in Iowa City sold pink ribbons to raise awareness of breast cancer. $324.00 was raised for those in the Corridor diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Hills Bank branches in Johnson County participated in a fundraiser on October 25th called Jeans Day which generated $592 for breast cancer patients in the Corridor.
- On October 25, 2019 Clear Creek Amana High School football booster program raised $1,220 through t-shirt sales and presented check at half time of the game to TBF board members.
- North Dodge Athletic Club held YOGA night on October 11th, 2019 and generated $255 for breast cancer patients.
- Tipton High School volleyball team held their PINK DIG night 0n October 3, 2019 and raised $960 through T-shirt sales, raffle and concession stand donations.
- Liberty High School volleyball team held their PINK night on October 3, 2019 where they recognized several TBF Board Members and players proudly played for breast cancer patients who have touched their lives.
- Drew Murphy Strength and Fitness, located in Tiffin, IA, sold T-shirts for a fundraiser in September to promote the October breast cancer awareness month. $175 of the sales was donated for breast cancer patients’ needs in the Corridor.
- October 2019 Team Breast Friends was the recipient of the monthly fundraiser at the Coralville Texas Roadhouse. The staff raised $1,460 in October that was converted to 146 gift cards that will be given to breast cancer patients and their families to use whenever they need a special meal or a break from the kitchen.
- Crescent Electric headquarters in Dubuque, IA held an October breast cancer awareness day and raised $300 for breast cancer patients.
- Liberty High School Volleyball Team raised $2,200 at their DIG PINK Fundraiser on October 9, 2018. The team was creative with their fundraising ideas and it exceeded all expectations and will help many in the Corridor diagnosed with breast cancer. Hats off to these young women and the coaching staff for their great work and community service!
- Hy-Vee Drug Store Wine Night was a huge success for the October fundraising for breast cancer. The managers, staff and shoppers did a great job supporting the Friday, October 12, 2018 event. We’re thankful for every opportunity extended to raise money for those diagnosed with breast for those in the Corridor. We won’t stop until the cure is found!
- Drs Jordan DeGrazia, Maria Conley and Spencer Brink hosted a PINK RIBBON sale in October 2018 at their office. Teaming up with staff and patients the donation of $500 will help those in the Corridor. Thankful for businesses in the area supporting the mission of Team Breast Friends – to make a positive different in the lives impacted by breast cancer and bring awareness through our efforts.
- Jazzercise of Iowa City owner, Kristi Bontrager, organized Girls Night Out, Friday – October 26, 2018 which raised $620.00 for breast cancer patients. Thirty gals attended making the studio full of fun. What a great night – a lil’ exercise, lots of friendship and raising money for breast cancer patients. Doesn’t get any better than this!
- Thank you to Hy-Vee Market Grille for donating a portion of the Sunday brunch sales in October! We appreciate your support!
- A big thank you to Vue Rooftop for donating a portion of sales to Team Breast Friends! What a great night! Thanks for wearing TBF shirts!
- Thank you to Hills Bank and Trust Company for donating your October Employee Jean’s Day donation to help those fighting breast cancer!! We are grateful for local businesses like yours that want to join us in this fight to end breast cancer!
- Thanks to the staff at Big Grove Brewery & Taproom – Iowa City for your support of Team Breast Friends and for your willingness to give back to the community! It was a fun night with great food, drinks and company.
- Team Breast Friends would like to say a BIG thank you to Hudson’s Iowa City for hosting our dine out night in September! Thank you for supporting our mission – To make a positive difference in the lives impacted by breast cancer, and bring awareness through our efforts
- A big shout out to the Tipton Tigers Volleyball Team for their successful DIG PINK night on October 4, 2018. The team pre-sold “WIN THE BATTLE” T-shirts and raised additional money the night of the event. We thank them for generously donating $1,013.50! Together, the Tipton Tigers Volleyball Team and Team Breast Friends, will make a difference in the lives of breast cancer patients!
- A big thank you to the Liberty High School Volleyball teams under the direction of Coaches Randy and Peggy Dolson for connecting with Team Breast Friends. The Liberty Lightning teams held their 1st PINK match on September 28, 2017 and raised $2,000.00 to provide help and hope to those in the community impacted by breast cancer. Congratulations girls and thanks for your hard work in the fight against breast cancer.